Re: [Harp-L] Range

"G. E. Popenoe" wrote:
<I'm getting to experience a lot of great players through this blog.
<With all the links, you can jump to a web site and sample audio and
<video of some exciting stuff.
<
<I'm seeing a great range of styles but not much diversity in genre's.
<So far it has been confined to mostly blues, jazz, rock, folk,
<country, traditional...the usual.
<
<While I love all of these genre, it would be great to hear some
<players getting into some of the cool subgenre. For example, if you
<log on to I Tunes radio and check out the eclectic listings you'll
<here all kinds of genre defying artists carving out new territory.
<Does anyone know of any players that are exploring like that?

If you mean harp players, I recommend that you check out some of my music at http://broadjam.com/rhunter.  Try "Lever Down," "Pull of the Moon," "Stone Castle,"  "In the Thick", and "Deeper" for electronic groove-oriented music.  "Winter Sun Arkestral" is also very electronic, but more ambient than groove.  On the acoustic exploratory side, check out "Sun Clusters", "Bela's World," "Blues for Charlie," "Requiem," and "Widows Walk."

You might also want to hear (and see) the recordings of performances I did with Spinning Plates, an improvisatory electronica group based in Stamford CT, in August 2007.  Go to this Youtube URL: http://youtube.com/results?search_query=spinning+plates+richard+hunter&search_type=

If you send me your email address, I'll register you for my "Jacked In" subscription series, to which I released a bunch more electronica between March 2002 and April 2005.

Another player working on the experimental side is Harmonica Boris from Ekatarinburg, Russia.  Search on Harmonica_Boris at Myspace and you'll find him.

There is no established genre for harmonica electronica per se, and there are few spaces in which to perform that kind of music, so there isn't a lot out there.  I'd be glad to hear of other work in this area too.

Regads, Richard Hunter
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter