Re: [Harp-L] re: was first amp now jam

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Jim Alciere <jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've never been to a jam, but if you can play with friends there are some
> advantages:
>
> 3. more apt to branch out into directions you wouldn't go ordinarily

Very true!  Last night I jammed with a few new friends (guitar. bass, drums,
harp), and the song choices were pretty eclectic.  The highlight was
probably L.A. Woman; really fun.  We jammed forever on a jazzy thing that
never changed chords, and it was the coolest sound of the night.  I played
WAY outside of my usual box.  I had this WAR/Lee Oskar thing goin' on.

Tonight I plan to go to my favorite Sunday Blues Jam at a local blues club.
I think I'll take my 1947 Gibson BR-6 amp and let 'em hear (and smell) some
real vintage tone.  And I'll try some of those odd riffs I picked up last
night playing whatever that was we played.

-Spec20