[Harp-L] my first amp and mic??

I know, you've seen this question many times. I've searched the archives trying to determine what I should buy. Very confused!

After more than a year practicing, I want to buy an amp and mic. I want them for home practice and for local blues jam sessions (if I can muster enough nerve). I want to keep the cost below $500 if I can still get quality at this price range. So let me have it...what should a rookie harper buy?

Thanks folks

Steve Abercrombie