Re: [Harp-L] Annie's Rig (was Laredo)

"Robert Vivona" wrote:
<There were a lot of questions running around about Annie Raines' rig, so I
<decided to go straight to the source.

For what it's worth, the gear listed by Annie in this post is exactly the stuff she described for her Pro Page writeup at my website.  (See http://hunterharp.com/araines1.html.)  That writeup is dated March 2, 2000.

In case anyone wants the lowdown on what a number of other pros were playing through at about the same time, check out http://hunterharp.com/propage1.html.  The players profiled at the pro pages include (in no particular order) Dennis Gruenling, Rob Papparozzi, Tom Ball, Robert Bonfiglio, Mike Stevens, Julian Jackson, Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson, Clint Hoover, Carlos del Junco, Lee Oskar, and Jimmy Gordon. Not a bad set of role models, and you certainly learn a lot from them about the gear that pros tend to use most often.

Of course, this was before the first Sonny Junior, Meteor, or Harpgear amp graced the world's stages, not to mention all the boutique mics now available, and I suspect the list of preferred gear would be rather different now.  But maybe not.  Once a pro finds his or her sound, they tend to stick with it.

Regards, Richard Hunter
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp