I've replaced two so far.

 For lo z mic users you can buy a cable with a rotory  on/off built into the line.  Hendrik Meurkens
turned me onto it a few years ago. Great for vocal or harp use on non switchable mics.  Crate makes those.

On Feb 16, 2008, at 9:07 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:55:22 -0800
From: "Patrick Lines" <plines@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Volume Control
To: "G. E. Popenoe" <gpopenoe@xxxxxxxxx>, <Mudharp@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have a couple of external volume controls that I use mostly as on and off
switches. The other thing I've been using is a Planet Waves cable with a
integrated on and off switch in the plug on one end. I feel in good company
because if you watch the Jimmy Reed Highway show on Austin City Limits,
James Cotton and Kim Wilson play through a JT-30 using the same cable.