[Harp-L] lower gain preamps and power tube breakup (was Johnson Laredo)

Walter Joyce just mentioned that some folks say that lower gain preamp tubes allow more power tube breakup.  If you go to the last FAQ in the link below, you will see that Mike Kropotkin of KCA NOS tubes thinks this is a myth.  I'm no expert; I just share this for information.  (Mike is not talking about guitar not harp, but I don't know if that makes any difference.  Anybody know?)

  http://kcanostubes.com/content/newsletter_details.asp?ArticleID=2

  --John K.