[Harp-L] RE: Rank Amateur Question - Do I have a couple of bad harps

First, thank you all for the suggestions and information.

Second, yes I do lip block.

Third, I got so frustrated with the Big River A harp that I bought a Special
20 in A.  About drove the poor clerk in my neighborhood music shop nuts.
Turned down two L.O.’s and a three SP20’s until I found a harp out of the
box that would sound every hole blow and draw clear and true every time on
the test box.  Took the harp home and played what I wanted to with no
problems.  Only slight differences in response/difficulty from my higher key
SP20’s.

I have not replaced the G harp yet but intend to this week.  I had hoped to
salvage the Blues Harp because it is broken in and has a beautiful, mellow,
deep tone.  But, I didn’t want to if (1) I was the problem or (2) I could
make some minor adjustments to the reed clearance or something and
straighten it out.  Any suggestions for harp that has the deep, mellow tone
of the Bluesmaster?

Thanks again.

Bill Kumpe

Checked by AVG Free Edition.