  From: Mox GOWLAND
  To: Bob Laughlin
  Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:24 AM
  Subject: Re: 7-10

  Hi Bob,

  (Please excuse me replying publicly)

    >Thanks for the advice. I'll try it. <

    Hope it helps

    >question:

    What's "1) minus three" refer to?

    sounds cryptic.<

    Hate to appear negative, but, seven minus ten (7-10) equals minus three (-3)

    >also, if "re-gapping is, at first, unnecesary" out of the box, then why do Gusso and Ricci both suggest it? Maybe it's different from brand to brand?<

    Though I agree whole heartedly with Gusso and Ricci, in my experience of teaching harmonica for over more than a quarter of a century, usually , the bends come first the refinement comes later.

    These are probably a poor metaphores;

    Would you buy a Formula 1 before you have a driving licence?

    Would you tear apart your first harmonica ('specialy if it's a gift!) without knowing why?

    First you try to play with what you have, knowledge comes slowly.

    A man of knowledge knows that a tomato is a fruit.

    A wise man knows not to put it in a fruit salade.

    Mox