[Harp-L] re:the Lowest G???

Seydel makes the LG harp in the Session and the Favorite models. The 4th hole blow is a 4th below middle C, and the 1st hole blow is an octave below that. The lowest harp Seydel makes is the LLF, and the 1 hole draw is the same as the 1 hole blow on the LG. I fell in love with the low tones on these harps, and in fact that is how I first came to know of Seydel (before that I was making my own low low harps).

I can bend all the lower notes on these harps using no extra lung power, but using an expanded resonance chamber. It has taken a lot of patient practice for me to develop this resonance, and it was a sound that I became very passionate about producing, so I was interested and willing to take time and energy to develop this. When I've witnessed people try to bend these harps using extra lung power it just results in stopped out reeds etc.

Even without effective bends, these harps create beautiful low tones, and can be used for octaves, back-up work, and playing the middle register, and they make a great addition to your arsenal to switch down form a regular G, A, or LF. But I just love those low bends in the 1, 2, and 3 draw....

Rupert Oysler
www.seydelusa.com

Bradford Trainham wrote:
Does anyone make a g harp so low as to allow us to play a g two octaves
below middle c? If yes, and if we're talking about a diatonic harp, can one bend the lower
draw notes without borrowing lungs from a non-consenting bull elephant? Brad Trainham