Re: [Harp-L] Re: 7-10

Dunno, but some of this makes complete sense to me. I'll have to try it,
though I'm not using XB-40's.

I think it may also be related to your comment about having "decent gaps".

Whatever I'm doing just isn't getting it, no matter how I work at it. One
hole works, the one next to it doesn't. It's like I have to use a different
technique on every hole, and even that doesn't work. I really suspect some
of my reeds need some gap work. It's inevitable, I suppose, that I need to
learn to gap properly, or have them worked on.

It's a bit surprising that so many here haven't even mentioned gapping,
during all this discussion, when otherwise gapping seems a big subject on
harp-l.

Maybe it's just that old tendency to want to "show people how to do it", at
a distance. "I'll show ya,,,". "I had a hard time with that too,,",,etc.

Gusso talks about gapping out of box harps.

Ricci talks about gapping out of box harps.

But as soon as I mention that I'm having difficulty with the top holes,
everyone assumes I've got harps that arrived perfectly gapped from the
factory. What's the probability of that?

Darn experts.

BL