RE: [Harp-L] I want to be famous

Hey us Hines' stick together. We're both real, I'm pretty sure. Hmm, now
after this thread I'm not so sure if any of you out there are real.
Maybe I'm lying in my bed in the psych ward making this all up in my
mind.

Anyway, when the link to the player's 'clip' showed up as being in
Buddah's Garden, I think my suspicions were confirmed. My bet is that
this was a semi-clever ploy to boost attendance there, perhaps it was
dying out. After all you have to create an account to log in. Gee, I
wonder how many new visitors to the site this week!? Chris is a good
guy, I'm sure of that based on things who have met him have said. He
also seems to have a playful sense of humor, we've all witnessed that
during his years here. So I know where my bet lies on this one :^) Plus,
I was told way before any of this that he's posted under other
identities on this and other boards before! FJM is computer and security
savvy so he could probably check the originating IP addresses from the
posts, but then they could have been from a public library, but even
someone as paranoid as I am don't think one would go that far just to
have a little fun. The post about throwing a little chum in the water
and watching them go wild was right on though!

Me, I refuse to be sucked in by those type of teasers that point me to
links for things and then want me to 'log in'. I wonder if Mr. Kennard
posted a similar query on buddah's garden since he's a member there
apparently? Wouldn't that make sense?

I laughed at the one post saying it read like one of those emails from
Nigeria. The big flaw is that it would have been more convincing if the
made-up name would have been not so Anglo, or it would not have been
written so badly (like a bad actor trying to portray a bad actor?)

Anyway, it was a fun diversion from the usual great but not often so
'entertaining' discussion here, livened things up a bit. Harp content -
the 'good' answers like Richard Hunters, and of course the link to Jason
Ricci's "Stay in College" will serve as some *great* advice to those who
truly consider this and maybe don't think hard enough or know what it's
really like out there, and come across this thread.

Bill (not Michael) Hines
Hershey, PA