[Harp-L] Some live blues

Hi Harp-Lers,

      I've been trading harmonica lore with this group just about forever, and it's been a looong while since I posted music, so I thought I'd share some clips recorded at a live performance last Saturday at Studio Joe's in Little Rock, AR, USA.  Click http://www.myspace.com/MikeDollinsBand.  This is not my regular, classic-rock/blues band (rocklittlerock.com); it's Mike Dollins' latest blues ensemble, and you're hearing us on about our 4th gig.  More pics of the band are at http://www.mikedollins.biz/Band.html.
     Last Saturday I played through an Astatic bullet into a Premier model 50 (1x8") amp, mic'd flat into the PA.  I'm in 2nd position on all the tunes here (3rd on chrom), mostly playing Marine Bands.
     The "Blues Guitar" track has two tunes. On "Washin'" I comp and take a solo at 2:35.  A slow blues "Angel" starts at 3:49; I'm handed a solo at 4:37 after a nice one by 2nd guitarist Dave Wollard.  Please give a listen, but don't stop there--Steve Giles does a nice thing on keys and Mike finishes strong on vocals.
     "Accuse Me" features Ms Ginny Becton.  Yes, folks, it's possible for one band member to gus another -- I notice I did it to Mike the guitarist on my solo!
     Steve Giles goes Gershwin on us for Summertime, also featuring Ginny.  My G 270 chrom is mixed too hot both comping and for a near-trainwreck solo at 2:36, followed thank goodness by tasty solos from Steve and Mike.
    "Blues Harp Shuffle" has me singing and playing on selections from I Get Evil (E harp) and Crosscut Saw (G harp).  Actually, they both have more of a mambo/rhumba feel than shuffle.  Here's a good place to appreciate the work of Greg Jones on drums and Bill McCumber on bass.
     Hope you enjoy these. I'd be delighted to hear comments/critiques, on-list or off.

Thanks for listening!
-John Thaden (ublokr)
 Little Rock, AR