Re: [Harp-L] was I want to be famous

The Harmonicats did pretty well with Peg of My Heart and other tunes in the 50's. Heck, they charted with a harmonicas only instrumental! They made some money on that.

The cool thing about that era was that the music and radio biz had not yet been corpratized to the point of monotony. You could have a hit playing all kinds of things.

The Internet has let the musical genie back out of the box after about a century of captivity by Mr. Edison and his decendants. CD sales are sagging at the same time new stars are being found on Youtube and other outlets. Musical genres are getting sliced so thin on the net that musicians can really target an audience.

People come to me every time I play and gush that they love the sound of the harmonica. So why not take advantage of that in the current market place. It won't make us rich but it may pay for the habit.

Oh yeah. Glenmorangie is one if my favs. If you like that, try Oban or Scapa.

According to wikipedia, you can have single malt Irish whiskie among several other styles.

Gary Popenoe