Re: [Harp-L] Re: To be a pro

I may have had my differences with Gary O., but his advice on playing harp
and moving to the next level is right on the money.  Gary critiqued my
playing a few years ago and advised me to work on the "inward cough."  He
was right... My vibrato was weak, but it is better now after having worked
hard on the technique.  I know I will never be a pro harp player, but I love
playing and still want to be the best I can at it.

My advice to the dude who is asking for the short cuts to fame (if he is
indeed sincere, which I thoroughly doubt) is to put up a video or mp3 clip
of your playing and let the experts here at Harp-L have a crack at
critiquing it.

-Spec20