[Harp-L] re: I want to be famous

I can't tell if this is a cynical joke or what!
Speaking of fame remember Taylor Hicks? What happened to him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KWfX84pXiY&NR=1
He came and went pretty fast.
As a lover/student of the Blues remarks like that I find absurd. How successful was Walter Horton or Noah Lewis? Both incredible players but successful? I think we must make a distinction between being a musician and a star. Musicianship is somtething we all strive. Personally, I want to master overblowing so it allows me to play the Jazz Standards and Latin tunes that I mix with my blues. When I go to the local bars and blues jam and the music sounds good and I can express myself, I feel great.
I dont need stardom. I love music but I love my house my wife and the pension I will receive when I put my years in. Starving never proved anything to me.
This is my opinion and everyone can take issue with all or part of what I have said.

Database version: 5.09160
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/