[Harp-L] Re: closed back

YES, there is a reason, closed backs were made for bass amps, which does  not
mean you get more bass from a harp. Plus they usually had open heads,
otherwise the heat of the tubes would probably start a fire. There is a trick  that
Sam Hutton taught me before he passed if I ever wanted to make a closed  back
and have it effective for harp, but that will stay with me until I go. You
need open backs for harp for full range of speaker sound.

48)