[Harp-L] overblowing on Lee Oskars

In a message dated 2/4/2008 1:57:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

others here have mentioned, to my recollection, that LO's do have a
high-pitch "squeal" to them on those high reeds. I think I've also read that  LO's are
not very "overblow friendly". Is there a way to
overcome that  "unfriendliness"? Or not?"

The nail polish fix / wax fix can often do it.  So can the  turbotape fix.
These fixes are covered on some of the online harp sites,  iirc.  Try a goolge
search of "nail polish fix Lee Oskar" and u will see  several sites that
address this problem.  Good luck.
  These fixes are also cover on Rupert Oysler's Harp Repair CD-ROM  / DVD.
ron

48)