Re: [Harp-L] Can someone tell me about Seydels?

I was given a Sydel 1847 in G by a pro harp player. I liked the harp so
much ( the tone is very good and it 's action was a  lot like a custom
harp, the shape of the harp is very nice)  I went out and bought a Seydel
Blues Session SUper Low in Db and a Seydel Blues session in a regular key.

I was disappointed with both. Both leaked pretty badly on the low end.
Niether was good enough to carry around in my case without first tweaking
them. Both were a bit too tightly gapped on the high end. I probably would
not buy them again. Especially as you can buy a slightly tweaked Hohher
Deluxe from Richard Sleigh for about the same price.
I mentioned that to my friend who gave me the Seydel and he told me his
had been tweaked by the Seydel rep.
Soon as I have some time I'll tweak the stock Seydels I got and see if
they respond.

jj

Internet
samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
02/01/2008 10:34 PM

harp-l
cc

Subject
[Harp-L] Can someone tell me about Seydels?

Has anyone here tried the Seydel Soloist Pros?  They look like really nice
harps to me.  I have a couple of questions.

1 Do they really over-blow out of the box?

2 can you get them in low octaves without it being some special order?

3 where can you get the best deal and the quickest ship?  I read somewhere
Rupert Oysler is a dealer, here in the States but I also see Coast to
Coast
has them too?  Where can I get the best deal and the low octaves with out
lot of fuss?

I'm seriously interested in trying a couple of these so any commentary is
helpful.  I play blues harp and I TB and basically use all the technique
you
hare most blues harp players use.  So if you're into Irish Fiddle playing
your take on the Seydels probably won't be of much interest to me.  But if
you play straight out blues with vibrato and tongue blocking and all and
you're playing these Soloist Pros I'm real interested in knowing what you
think?  Thanks.

Sam