Subject: Re: Subject: [Harp-L] First Position Blues Solos?

Sorry...I didn't realize Randy carboned the list too, so I sent him  the
revised link offlist...

Here's a slightly revised version of the email I sent to him for  anyone else
who also wasn't able to access the link, or who might be equally  interested:

"  _Click  here: YouTube - Jason Ricci & New Blood 3.mpg_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdmUUyQVTrE&feature=related)

and here's the actual http link again:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdmUUyQVTrE_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdmUUyQVTrE)

 "Elizabeth, I couldn't get that link to work and I'm interested in  checking
it out. If you say it's good then it must be, I respect your opinion on
stuff like that.
Can ya help me out??
           Randy"

sure... I 'think' it was taped at the Colorado Greeley festival...(there  are
some other YouTube videos of Jason playing onstage with Bob Margolin and
Willie "Big Eyes" Smith posted by the same guy).....if you're interested in them
at all (the clips are fairly short and cut off too soon), and can't access
them  through YouTube..I can send them to you directly as well, if you'd like.
I  just found them yesterday.

(**I didn't send the links to Randy..but am now including them  here..they're
short, but interesting):

Jason Ricci singing "Help me"..with Bob Margolin and Willie 'Big Eyes'  Smith
of the Muddy Waters Band..

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcaNFM-7Mto_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcaNFM-7Mto)

..and playing back up harp to Bob Margolin singing "Not what you said last
night", with Willie Smith drumming on a cardboard box...too cool

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S8yjPLAbQ8_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S8yjPLAbQ8)

..there are more videos by the same poster...they're at the right side of
the screen once you've viewed these, if you're interested.)

Interestingly enough..I also just came across 3 teaching videos Jason  posted
to YouTube ...made 3 years ago but only recently posted..talking about  the
very beginnings of playing. How to get 'tone'...tongue blocking as compared  to
'lip pursing' (his term ..and mine)...and I haven't yet watched the others. I
 found them in the middle of the night last night.  This is how he looked
when I first met him.

If you want all of them..I'll be happy to send you a whole email with
links..these are separate from his later 12 or so teaching videos about ob'ing,
etc.

I think you're still on dial-up?  It does take longer then, to bring  them
in..Someone else I know has the same problem...so usually downloads videos  at
night when it won't be a problem tying up the phone...but because this  first
one is pretty short..you might not have too much of a problem.

It's well worth listening to, but turn up your speakers so you can get the
full sound... incredible. The camera comes in really close and shows what a lot
 of us see in his Live performances.

Elizabeth

48)