Re: [Harp-L] Can someone tell me about Seydels?

Is there anyone selling Seyel harps in Australia?

Ian

On 03/02/2008, at 2:33 AM, Captron100@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 2/2/2008 8:01:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, sam writes:

can you get them in low octaves without it being some special
order?........... where can you get the best deal and the quickest ship? I read somewhere
Rupert Oysler is a dealer, here in the States but I also see Coast to
Coasthas them too? Where can I get the best deal and the low octaves

Sam, I own several Seydels. I cant answer re where best to purchase but we
have several Seydel dealers on this list.
When i was having trouble getting the hole 1overblow, I bought a custom
harp that I knew would OB. At that time I bought 2 Blues Favorites from Rupert
Oysler. One was a custom and one was stock. I also bought a Soloist Pro.
I had to tweak the stock harps to approximate Rupert's custom job. The
Soloist Pro is a nice harp but the Seydel 1847 is the best wood combed harp in the
Seydel line.
Custom tunings are said to be available at the _www.Seydelusa.com_
(http://www.Seydelusa.com) website.
ron