[Harp-L] Re: 2003 Richard Hunter Paddy Richter posr

This is a bit trickier than it sounds at first. From the circle of fifths, it would simply be one step "clockwise" from your C PR example, so PR in G would use the draw reedplate from a standard G harp and blow reedplate from D Melody Maker. BUT - standard G harp is tuned lower than C whereas standard D is higher. So depending on how the D MM is tuned, you may need the draw plate form a HIGH G harp - but I'm not sure.

Not sure what you mean by hole layout - it would be the same in the same sense that hole layout on a standard C and standard D is the same - if that makes sense ;-)

Jim

Glenn Weiser wrote:

Okay, so how do I use two disparte reedplates to get a Paddy in G? And is the hole layout going to be the same as the standard PR tuning?