Re: [Harp-L] You never know who Gus is is

When in doubt,  whip it out................Back in the day when I was more
gung ho about playing  with any band I came in contact with I always gave 'em
this line when I would  pull out a D harp or whatever I had, maybe an A. "I'll
play a couple of riffs  for ya, and if I suck tell me to go away" rip
rip......vibrato........rip  rip.
Worked for me every time I could get the band leader to go as far as to
listen.

      When it was up to me to let somebody  play or not, I expected the same
from whoever it was wanting to play. As for an  out right Guss, I left it up
to the bouncer to deal with him if the guy was  drunk and belligerent  From
what I can remember, the bouncer only threw one  guy out of any bar I played in.
Most of the time I would let the guy  get up and make a door knob of himself
for one song, everybody had a good laugh,  and I made a friend for life. Guss
has feelin's too, ya know.

           Randy
        BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 2/1/2008 10:24:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,