Re: [Harp-L] Harp and Sax

At 10:07 AM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
I'm about to get involved in a new project with harp, sax and possibly
Hammond organ doing mostly instrumentals and jazzy blues. My question to you all
is can anyone point me to recorded examples of sax and harp playing together
in either unison, harmony, counterpoint or all of the above?

I play harp with Timmy Capello on tenor in a sort of Memphis Horns setup on Arlen Roth's first record on Rounder. The track was a version of Rocket 88. We did it in 1977.

Not easy to find, though I heard it at a Starbucks in Austin a few years ago, on an experimental jukebox they were monkeying with.

I didn't quit my day job, though I'm not sure I had one at that moment.

The real work, it'd seem to me, would be to work with the organ player to carefully identify a few sets of organ stops that sound gracious with your harmonica sound.