[Harp-L] Re:Blue Monk

Tom, I like 'Blue Monk' in second just to work on getting overblows to their proper pitches, since it's a common enough melody that you know what it's supposed to sound like and will catch yourself when the overblows are a little flat.  Not that I need to be telling you this since you kick ass with your overblows and all the other tasty stuff I heard you doing at Fitzgerald's last weekend when I became a Tom Albanese groupee.  The only harmonica version I've heard recorded is as part of a medley on our Richard Hunter's cd "The Act Of Being Free In One Act" and it's a solo piece entitled 'Bright Lights, Big City/Let It Roll/Blue Monk.'  Great solo piece and great cd I might add.  I haven't really looked to see how it lays out in other positions.  As for other songs in that category I heard Steve Cohen do a killer version of 'Song For My Father' on diatonic at SPAH in Milwaukee a few years ago.  I think I was sitting next to you and Scooter as a matter of
fact and may have a bootleg.  I'll be in touch Friday at your gig.

Paul