[Harp-L] gig

Another lovely outdoor gig yesterday. Out on a friend's porch. Maybe fifty
people there. Lots of food. Kids. Right on the river with a big field.
Managed to play original tunes for a whole hour. Mostly I was singing and
playing keys. Stevie Wonder makes it look easy, but since I can barely play
keys and barely sing, joining the two is an experience. Had to play a few
harp tunes though, do my share of jumping up and down. Did play one cover--
Bobby Blue Bland's Turn On Your Love Light, where I threw in my John Popper
imitation--that's the nice thing about playing for free and playing at
parties, you can be a little weird. All the local musicians were there.
Living in a rural area, you know everybody that plays and that's nice. There
was everything from crazed Berkley graduates playing in 7/8 to mountain man
biker guys in top hats channeling Guns n Roses. No one else had a keyboard
player. No one else had a harp player. No one else played any funk. Man, I
have to work on my singing.
Harp sounds better outdoors.
--
Rainbow Jimmy