From: Bob Boyd <bboyd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:00:39 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Kinder AFB+, SM57JR, Lone Wolf Delay & Harp Gear

Got the Lone Wolf Delay, a Greg Huerman SM-57JR (Jason Ricci volume control
mod mic) at SPAH and my new Kinder AFB+ and had a chance to play them
through my Harp Gear Double Trouble with the 12" speaker at 2 outdoor gigs
last weekend and WOW. I loved the Harp Gear before but this is a completely
different level. No lining out thru the PA as the volume and tone (big,
thick and rich) were unbelievable and no feedback. I was wailing all night
long and had a blast. I played cordless through my AKG unit with a low to
high imp converter and there was no way to use all the volume I could
possibly achieve. I dialed it in at home the week before with a local harp
buddy so I knew where to set the controls.

Last night I used the Harp Gear II with the above at an outdoor
restaurant/bar and wow it was awesome also. It inspires me to stretch to a
higher level of playing.

Thanks to all the makers of these products for harp players. I paid retail
and have no affiliation with any of them.

And thanks to the SPAH convention, which was my first one, as it gave me
lots of things to practice and learn this up coming year. It was a real eye
opener. You don't know what you don't know till you go. I have a new and
higher love for this little instrument and it's capabilities. Thanks to all
the people who helped put it on and to all the people who came to make it
such a wonderful experience for all.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
Texas Tide Band
www.texastide.com