Re: [Harp-L] The Price of Harmonicas

On Aug 30, 2008, at 8:47 PM, lil Buddha wrote:

I do not wish to seem rude, but the price of a full set of Custom diatonic
harps is still less than that of a good guitar, drum set, saxophone,
trumpet, etc.

Harp players save a lot of money compared to other instruments. We don't take no stinkin' lessons. We don't read no stinkin' music. But . . . we do spend lots of money buying amplifiers and the microphones to get that perfect tone. Depending on the extent of the equipment jones, that really ads up.

You are right. But as with any big money/custom ax, IMHO, one should learn how to play thing thing before shelling out serous money.

Off the shelf harps are a fine for most players most of the time-- especially

Bob