[Harp-L] Kinder AFB+, SM57JR, Lone Wolf Delay & Harp Gear

Got the Lone Wolf Delay, a Greg Huerman SM-57JR (Jason Ricci volume control mod mic) at SPAH and my new Kinder AFB+ and had a chance to play them through my Harp Gear Double Trouble with the 12" speaker at 2 outdoor gigs last weekend and WOW. I loved the Harp Gear before but this is a completely different level. No lining out thru the PA as the volume and tone (big, thick and rich) were unbelievable and no feedback. I was wailing all night long and had a blast. I played cordless through my AKG unit with a low to high imp converter and there was no way to use all the volume I could possibly achieve. I dialed it in at home the week before with a local harp buddy so I knew where to set the controls.

Last night I used the Harp Gear II with the above at an outdoor restaurant/bar and wow it was awesome also. It inspires me to stretch to a higher level of playing.

Thanks to all the makers of these products for harp players. I paid retail and have no affiliation with any of them.

And thanks to the SPAH convention, which was my first one, as it gave me lots of things to practice and learn this up coming year. It was a real eye opener. You don't know what you don't know till you go. I have a new and higher love for this little instrument and it's capabilities. Thanks to all the people who helped put it on and to all the people who came to make it such a wonderful experience for all.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
Texas Tide Band
www.texastide.com
210-494-1118