[Harp-L] Learning from other musicians

This is a good one to study embouchure from opera singers. Newbies especially out to check out ol' Hildegard Behrens there as Brunnhilde. Watch the muscle movements in her face and throat as she changes her resonance chamber to create these different sounds. Watch what she does, you change the sound of a harmonica in the same ways.
  Siegfried shows up in the first little bit, he's not quite as obvious, so newbies probably ought to concentrate more on what Brunnhilde is doing... besides, all Siegfried is saying in this opera scene is "Hey, B-Hilde, sure as the vine twine round the stump, you are my darlin' sugarlump.... even though you're my momma/half sister and whatnot." There's more incest in that opera than in the perceived history of my home state... I think Siegfried may have been his own grandpa.... I know he was his own stepfather...
  Here you go:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hznQe0DlZE&feature=related

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.