[Harp-L] re: Maybe August: Rosco Selley - Thanks Rob

Rob Paparozzi posted

"Only having Two days at SPAH this year- it was almost a bit
torturous...never enough time to get in on all the activities....

I did get a copy of Rosco Selley's band CD: MAYBE AUGUST and it is really a
top notch Production with Primo playing, singing and songwriting...

Rosco's Diatonic weaves thru the tunes at times playing lead lines,
harmonies and at other points just the perfect SOLO....His Tone, Intonation
and Ideas combined with killer chops....no doubt make him avery shining star
in this band as well as an integral part of their 'Original' sound.

The Horn arrangements as well as Tenor-Bari Saxophone work by Michael
Peloquin really add a unique dimension and SO fit the tunes they were used
on. Bravo to Rosco on a great CD and I vote to bring the WHOLE band to a
SPAH outing SOON with the HORNS!

I had the pleasure to meet hang and play with Rosco many moons ago in North
Carolina at the Levy Masterclass at Paul Messinger's. I was impressed then
what I heard, but to hear him in HIS band is NOT to be missed.....

OK...enuff praise...now my complaint.....I needed a freakin' Magnifyin Glass
as my 55 yr MAGOO eyes ain't that great anymore.....so on the next CD please
use GEEZER FONT !!,-)

all the best,
Senior Citizen, Rob Paparozzi"

Rosco replies:
Wow.
Words like this from people like Rob Paparozzi make me want to get better to
justify the praise. Rob is the consummate professional musician & someone I
respect unreservedly.

Hey Rob, sorry about the small print!!!
The printing was a disappointment to us, too, but we had time & budget
issues (we blew our budget on Peloquin!! - & it was worth it!)

Playing at SPAH would scare the **** out of me!

Later,
Rosco
www.maybeaugust.com