Re: [Harp-L] the difference between funk and blues; a response to JR Ross

Bill,
I don't disagree with your opinion about alot of the stuff on AM, but Allison Steele, the "Nght Bird" didn't play Stevie Wonder,
because he wasn't hip.

Yes WABC played alot of junk, but the mix they had is completly gone today. Our music is put into categories today and that is
how it is packaged, marketed and sold to us.

You could hear on the same station, Frank Sinatra, the Beatles, Marvin Gaye, Johnny Cash, Motown, Stones, Kinks, Otis Redding,
Lovin' Spoonful, Beach Boys, Dean Martin, Jeannie C. Riley, Doors, Louie Armstrong, Aretha, James Brown etc., etc. etc.
Totally democratic and a huge part of our collective musical consciousness, which is part of what we bring to the music we play.

Were'nt no Funk on FM in those days, or soul, or R & B.

But the ROCK was great!

Dan

----- Original Message ----- From: <billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx>