Re: [Harp-L] the difference between funk and blues

Much of what is today considered hard-core blues: Muddy, Little Walter, Slim
Harpo and others was nothing but rock 'n' roll back in the 50s and 60s --
because just about everything with a guitar and a beat was considered rock 'n'
roll.

We listeners didn't know the difference and the DJs certainly didn't.

Even country type stuff was considered rock; otherwise it would have never
been played on Detroit AM radio back in the day.

If nobody has clarified yet; Funk is just a subgenre of blues. You could play
a blues with a polka beat or a cha cha beat; it would still be a blues.
Witness Rhumba blues.
Phil