[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 60, Issue 69

Bostonmoejo@xxxxxxx said:

> "Robert (Johnson) was a very accomplished musician and
> would often be hired to play for Polish parties.
> Apparently he was quite adept at playing polkas on the
> guitar. Fortunately, he never recorded any of his polka
> tunes....."

Hey!  What's this "fortunately" stuff?  I for one would have loved to hear Robert Johnson beat out Beer Barrel Polka!

> Imagine Rock & Roll being based on Polka rather than
> Blues music....

What do you think Punk Rock is?  Have you heard the Polkaholics?
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pevg7bBJLiI
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65pmLUWL7o8

-Little George Stachnik
 Chicago Blues Polack