Re: [Harp-L] re: why do you want to play blues

This is  what has kept me playing in 2nd position most of the time. When I
first started  playing I played everything with an A harp and a C diatonic and a
12 hole  C. I just played what sounded good to my ear because I didn't know
about  cross harping. When that dude at Carl's music store in Lexington told me
 about cross harping a light went off in my head and I traded my trumpet in
for 6  harps and microphone. I could already bend drawing and blowing but
everything  became easier.

        The thing is though, this thread  is about why we wanna play the
blues so here's my point. When I was playing  everything with that A, C, and that
12 hole harp it felt so good to  hear myself playing along with the music that
I would get cold chills all  over my body. I was already gigging because I
could sing harmony at an  early age and I played the trumpet, so I just kinda
played harp on the songs  that felt good and the boys would encourage me. My ear
kept me from out  right sucking. It felt just as good when I was in my
ignorant is bliss stage as  it does now. I play the blues 'cause it feels good and
they pay me.  (sometimes)

                I guess that is it. I play 'da blues cause it feels good.
Sure I could use a  little work in other positions, but it's just so much easier
to play in 2nd. I  guess I'm lazy, but my voice and guitar kinda make up 'fer
it.

                Peace Love and Pentatonic's
                      Randy
                  BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 8/24/2008 10:08:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,