[Harp-L] The SPAH Shopping Experience in '08

I really enjoyed the vending area at SPAH this year. Nice mix of past and
new companies showing their stuff. I didn't need to buy any new harps this
year but there were a few toys I was looking to buy. I had great luck
getting what was on my shopping list as the "source vendors" were all on
hand. No third party interference!

1) I finally broke out the credit card and bought one of Jeff' Spoors nice
handmade cases. I needed to cut back from always lugging 42 harps around
just because I can. I will still use the big case for the gigs when they pop
up but my new 7 slot case w/ cardholder is the perfect size and look for
everyday companion purposes. Jeff is a great guy with an awesome quality
product.

2) I got to meet and hang with Greg Heumann of "Blows Me Away productions".
I always wanted to get one of his volume control's for my low impedance
mic's and now I had a chance to do it! I have used it this past week and I
must say it is a great piece of equipment to have. Top notch stuff and
served with a smile. Greg blows mean harp too.

3) My major purchase of the week dollar wise was a new Lone Wolf Harp Delay
Pedal! I have heard great things about these pedals so I took the plunge.
Randy has built a rock solid and very functional delay that is so harp
friendly! I love the way it works with my "Cruncher". Nice tone wet or dry
and full of many possibilities delay wise. Love it.worth every penny.

Other great stuff for sale..Harp Depot, Suzuki, Seydel, Hohner, "Harp Widow"
accessories, Hal Iwan's Cases, Mr. Microphone was in the house and Meteor
Scott and a few others that I am sure I must be missing. Brad Harrison's
prototype harp on display was a real "buzz" this year in the vending
section. I am not sure if it was for the slickness and coolness of his new
harp design or perhaps it was just the way Brad was so well dressed. As the
best dressed vendor here in 2008 Brad is definitely setting the example of
how to "dress for success" in the lucrative and very profitable custom
harmonica industry. I have one question: Did anybody buy one of those
$1000.00 harps? Sweet hand crafted wooden combs with inlay work. I must say
I am curious if there is a market for harps of this "artistic" level.

I am looking forward to our new SPAH website that is under development now
and that will start to be unveiled over the next 2 or 3 months. I would like
the SPAH site to be a place that year round sends business in the direction
of our sponsors and vendors. The more they grow the more they can support
SPAH!

Warren Bee