Re: [Harp-L] re: why do you want to play blues (very long)

This, in my opinion, is the most intelligent post on harmonica music that I have read in my 10 years or so on Harp-L. I know that Chris is opinionated and rubs people the wrong way sometimes, but this post shows the real Chris. He helped me at Buckeye years ago, and I know him from when he lived in  Minnesota, so it was good to see him expose the real person that guides the Groovy Gypsy. Buddha has the best vibrato I have ever heard and is a surreal player. I don't understand a lot of what he plays, but I will always appreciate his ability. His points in this post make so much sense.
I've been playing now for a long time, but I have minimal musical talent. Somewhere along the way I discovered that perserverance will help those of us lacking a natural ability. I play music because I can't not play. I'm getting old and I'm going to play as much as I can as long as I can.
I hope Chris will show this real side of himself more often on Harp-L. We would all benefit from it.
Steve Webb on a late night in Minnesota.