Re: [Harp-L] Harp Amp Project: Fender Pro Junior

I've modded a few of these a several years back and off the cuff......First,
the fat button in a BJ is a complete joke and does virtually nothing to take
away  the trebly tone for harp.   The word "fat" sounds nice but it isn't.
   2nd)  Get a 10A100 Weber or a 10A125-0 Weber speaker....it'll add crunch,
break up and fatter tone.  I don't remember which fits, so you can email
them and they'll respond  3rd) change the coupling caps to .1uF   4)  up the
power supply dropping resistor so you have somewhere in the neighborhood of
140 volts on the preamp plates.  This you can play with to see what sounds
best.  I've tested as low as 90, but I think it's  too low and takes away
from the amp's bite.  The amp already has about 300 volts on the plates and
that's just too much gain.   5th)   This can be tricky, so if you don't know
what you're doing then have someone do it......Get a Weber WZ34 Copper Cap
Rectifier Module.   I've played with the W5Y3, but 50 volts B+ being dropped
is quite a bit with this amp and I feel causes a bit of muddiness and
overall loudness to be dramatically reduced with the amps general design
parameters.   A friend likes the 50 dropped volts in his, but I don't.  To
each his own.
Without the speaker change all the above parts comes to about 30
bucks...maybe less depending how much the Copper Cap Rect is these days.