From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Huey Lewis
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 10:06 AM

Huey was bigtime when I went to high school.  Also, I lived in Marin
County so he was a hometown boy.  When I saw the opening night of Back
to the Future and his song The Power of Love opened the movie, the
audience went ballistic!

Huey also was my first stadium concert.  It was the Fore tour and I
was already a gigging harp player at 16 years old.  I cannot explain
how excited I was whenever he took out his harp, which was a lot more
than on the records.  He was playing sax lines and guitar parts.  A
roadie would throw him his bullet when it was time for a solo and he
would catch and play within seconds.  When he was thru, he would just
throw the bullet on the floor.  No on/off switch.  BUMP! Went the
sound system.

When he began the solo on Workin' for a Living, the entire place
erupted for so long it was impossible to hear half of the solo.

Whenever I hear him play, I am amazed by the tone and phrasing and
feeling.  To me, Huey is a high level pro harp player.

Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com