[Harp-L] Open the Door Juke?

I'm sorry to drag up an old thread but this one has been nagging at me. I'm
no expert in this field but a thought occurred to me at the time of the
thread. I was still in lurking mode so I let it slip.

In May last year Scott wrote via the Iceman in a post called

> LW's Influence - sharing info w/the list

>	There were also a few examples where LW  used
>	the 'head' from another song to kick off something that then turned

>	into his own improvisation (like the opening 12 bars of "Juke",
>	which  seemed to be based on a Benny Goodman song I can't recall the

>	name of right  now

And further added;

>	(BTW, I've been hearing people say  that Little Walter copied Louis
>	Jordan ever since I started playing harp,  but in all of our
>	research, we were unable to find any examples of a LW lick  that had

>	a precedant on a LJ record.  So if you know of an example,  please
>	enlighten me.)

My thought at the time was; "What about Louis Jordan's vocal lines?". I mean
he is one of my 4 all time favorites on sax but his vocals where something
else. An what came to mind immediately was "Open the Door Richard". While
not exactly the same as Juke, it is similar. Now "Open the Door Richard" was
released in 1947 and Juke in 1952.

Please straighten me out. Am I completely wrong.

Regards Chris Canning