Re: [Harp-L] re: why do you want to play blues (very long)

Buddha,

I really enjoyed sitting in at your table at the 'teach in' at SPAH and saw how the players really could ask you questions and and get REAL answers and hands on explanations....I think it's amazing what you've accomplished in 20 yrs on Diatonic too. I also enjoyed hearin' you at a few of the Jazz Jams as well...your Tone, Improv Skills and Vibrato are a beautiful thing!

I think NOW with BETTER Harmonicas available we WILL see more players leavin' there 'comfy confines' of 2nd position harp....but prior to the last few years the consistency wasn't THERE, the instruments ( unless customized properly ) just couldn't 'cut it' in my opinion..not all players wanted to TWEAK their own harps and get stuck with toothpicks,-)))
and good customized harp were HARDER to come by....

But even tweaking can now be learned at both SPAH and on the internet so a player can at least adjust on the 'fly'...

Also, with the continued forging ahead of SPAH with excellent teachers and mentors as yourself and so many others I'm confidant your dream is well on it's way to fruition but it doesn't happen overnight it will take more time...

I think just as we have Chromatic Players content to stay in there STYLE the same can be said for Diatonic Players.....but I agree that enhancing your techniques will take you wherever it IS you wanna go Musically...great advice.

anyway, thanx for sharing so much at SPAH as always and great playin'.....and good luck this year ahead!

BTW..... what KEY harp do you have anyway??,-)))
see ya'
Rob Paparozzi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Buddha" <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx>