http://www.bluestateband.net

From: Slim Heilpern <slim@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: August 20, 2008 7:24:46 AM PDT To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Brendan Power & PT Gazell - Back To Back

Last night I finally had time to give a good listen to Brendan and PT's new CD "Back to Back" and it is really terrific! Great selection of hard driving swing tunes and the dueling harmonicas blend beautifully throughout the recording. Brendan's swinging vibrato and PT's mellow tone are just an incredible combination. The band, especially Andy Reiss' guitar work, really adds to the overall beauty of this album.

This will bring back great memories for anyone who saw their Friday night show at SPAH (which also featured Jelly Roll Johnson and Rob Paparozzi). If you liked what you heard that night, don't hesitate to pick up a copy of this CD. If you weren't there, this is the next best thing...

It is available for sale or download from cdbaby:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/ptgazell3

cdbaby also has Jelly Roll's equally fantastic album (also featuring some incredible guitar work by Pat Bergeson, who I understand is also a helluva harmonica player himself):

http://cdbaby.com/cd/jellyrolljohnson

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a bit for Rob's new album... ;-)

- Slim.