[Harp-L] Re: Discussion topic: Why do you want to play blues?

On the rare occasion that I heard it I didn't know what it was but I liked it.( I just thought there was one guy named BB King who played the blues.)  When I was 39 I bought a Lazy Lester cassette out of curiosity and "bam".   That lead to searching out this music, getting American Harmonica Newsletter and buying a harmonica. I had never heard of Charlie Patton, Blind Lemmon Jefferson, Sonny Terry, the Walter's, Musselwhite and on and on. I was born in 1948 and was based in CA, went to a peace rally and served 2 tours of Viet Nam with the Sea Bees. If those old LP's I bought by Cream, Doors, Led Zepalin, Canned Heat, John Mayall etc had blues mens/womens names on them; well it just didn't register. Didn't know it existed. It's my favorite live music if played in smaller more intimate venues. It grabs me and I try my darndest to find the soul of it on the harmonica.    Ed, Johnstown, PA

Checked by AVG.