RE: [Harp-L] Discussion topic: Why do you want to play blues?

My 7 year old read this just now and wanted to weigh in.  He has been
watching the recent convention videos (thanks) and checking out websites.
He won't go to sleep because he's enjoying it too much!  Thanks YouTube.

He's no pro but he really wanted to share why a kid would want to play the
blues.

>From Josh:

I play the blues because it just sounds so good!  It's something that comes
from deep down inside me...a feeling that can only be expressed on the
diatonic in that way.  I play Chromatic, too, and I could break my reeds
trying to bend them on that.  I tried that and that was not good!  Nothing
sounds as good as the diatonic when you're feeling the blues.  I play when
I'm mad, sad and glad.

I like to play pop, rock, country, jazz and classical but love to put a
bluesy sound to it whenever I can.  I figured out how to play harmonica,
bend notes and other stuff on my own before I started with real lessons.  I
had no one to copy and mom did not listen to blues (now she does).  My
teacher thought I had lessons before but I really didn't.  I was playing
blues without even knowing that was what it was.  Now I am getting lots
better with his help.  For me, it's about passion.  I just close my eyes and
just play what I feel.

PS-I like watching the videos from SPAH and listening to the music links.
Thanks!  Maybe one day I can go there.