Re: [Harp-L] Discussion topic: Why do you want to play blues?

I took to the diatonic harp to play jazzy tunes a few years ago. The blues just happened along the way. Really! When I found out you could do more with the chromatic, it was not only too heavy to carry in the pocket, but was also something I couldn't afford. Through the diatonic, I am connecting with my soul and others'. I wanted to sound like me and not like others. Every once in a while at the SPAH I transcended to a higher level when I heard GG, Jason, Jelly Roll and Sandy Weltman, Rupert, Winslow and Brooks among others do their thang- mainly because our styles somewhat intersected in a subtle way!

Venk