Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Toots Thielemans Press Release - 2009 NEA JAZZ MASTER

Unfortunately, I didn't know about it...so missed capturing all of you on
video playing Bluesette....hopefully someone else did?   Incidentally...that's
wonderful about Toots winning the 2009 NEA  Jazz Master....

..but I did get the entire sequence of Michael Peloquin's 10-man line-up
mentioned earlier by Michael Rubin in which you (SmoJoe) played a great  solo. It
was a fabulous performance all around and the audience loved  it...

..since the jazz jams were held in the bar lounge, the other hotel guests
got a free concert/party/jazz experience and were just as enthused as the  Spah
attendees.

My trip home Sunday afternoon from Spah turned into a 10-1/2 hour (the  extra
last hour and a half spent sleeping in the car on the way home doesn't
count)... travel nightmare involving a cancelled flight, numerous gate
changes...rerouting to Nashville (which would have been cool if it could have  turned
into a layover and a visit to Jason, but alas all I got to see  of the City was a
45 minute mad dash through its  airport) and several other 'bumps' along the
way...all the while dealing  with a torn rotator cuff...so having to manage my
luggage with only one arm made  the travelling very difficult.  Shoot...for
12 hours travelling time, I  could have gone anywhere in the world...yet all I
was doing was coming home  to NY from St. Louis on a Sunday afternoon.

I'm not yet recovered enough to view all 15+ disks to sort them  out,
especially as I'm now on antibiotics from some flu/cold I managed to pick  up from
one of the planes...(extremely unusual, and most likely the  results of not
ingesting enough water/liquids onboard..again all in  an attempt to avoid more
difficulties travelling with an injured  extremity).  Hopefully next week will be
soon enough for those anxious to  see anything I managed to shoot.

Elizabeth

P.S.  Have now viewed the one posted tape of the 10 man L'il  Darling line
up...and a lot of the participants were in darkness and  difficult to make out.
Since I taped from a banquet directly in  front of you all...if memory serves
I believe I did get your faces  clearly...and more in closeup....will check
asap

Message: 10