[Harp-L] SPAH 2008: Jazz Jam, Li'l Darlin' 11 pc harmonica "big band"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_4XZHB1uxg
Here is a pretty dark video, the sound is OK. Thanks to whoever posted this (maybe they could include the credits that I have provided.) I know that Elizabeth and some others might have got some better footage, it would be nice to see also.

The tune is Neil Hefti's Li'l Darlin'. This was written for the Count Basie Orchestra and I adapted the sax, trumpet and trombones for chromatic harmonicas. I left out 1 part, but that was no problem.
We had 2.5 rehearsals for thsi tune and it came off quite well.
This tune presented many of the concepts that I taught all week, ie: phrasing and articulating together and blending. I hope to get more harmonica players understanding these concepts in the following year and at future SPAH Conventions.

The line-up included:
1st (Alto Sax-Monica) : Robert Bonfiglio
2nd (Alto Sax-Monica) : Randy Singer
1st (Tenor Sax-Monica) : Michael Peloquin
2nd (Tenor Sax-Monica) : Tom Stryker
(Baritone Sax-Monica) : Winslow Yerxa (on an Asian? baritone/bass harmonica)

1st (Trump-Monica) : Smokey Joe Leone (Playing the brilliant solo section also)
2nd (Trump-Monica) : Slim Heilpern
3rd (Trump-Monica) : William Gallison

1st (Bone-Monica) : Michael Polesky
2nd (Bone-Monica) : Michael Rubin
4th (Bass Bone-Monica) : Stan Bowe (on a Hohner bass harmonica)
Piano: Ron Kalina (a legendary monster harmonica player also)
Drums & Bass were the local cats hired for the jazz jam. Great players, I am sorry that I do not have their names.
I hope to do this again next year with an additional chart.
I would like to publicly thank all involved especially the monster professionals on our instrument that gave their time and talent to this effort.
Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.comhttp://www.myspace.com/harpsax