[Harp-L] SPAH Pete Pedersen award - Sissi Jones and Charlie Musselwhite

Presentation of the Pete Pedersen Award at SPAH actually overshadowed presentation of SPAH's highest honor, the Bernie Bray award, which this year went to Gene Hansen, a longtime member of the SPAH board of directors who has put in long and sterling service, but who has done so largely away from the public eye (and thus may not have been widely appreciated).

Charlie Musselwhile, as already noted, was one of the two Pedersen award recipients, and I very much liked that he ended his acceptable speech with one of Pete's favorite sayings (and also the title of his biography), "Be of Good Cheer."

The other recipient was Annaliese "Sissi" Jones, and I was very glad to see her receive this recognition. Anyone who has dealt with Hohner USA repair in the last I don't know how many years has dealt with Sissi, and her good cheer, know-how, and sympathy with players (she's a player herself) have always been welcome and appreciated. Next year in Sacramento, we'll actually get to hear her play some classical music on harmonica . . .

BOGC (be of good cheer)

Winslow