From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of David Payne
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 3:50 PM
To: Harp L Harp L
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] An Over-Blurring Of Over-Bends And Over-Blows

IMHO, there are many harps that'll overblow better than a 365,

The E blow is the higher one, right? Assuming that, what you're doing
isn't an overblow, it's a blow bend like you said. The limit of the bend is
a half-step higher than the lower, opposing reed. In this case, you are blow
bending to it's natural limit, a half step higher than the B reed, which is
this C.

Dave
______________________
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Bradford Trainham
wrote:
On A Hohner Marine-Band 365, in the key of c..., we find holes 11 through
14 giving us...
Hole 11 - e-blow b-draw
Hole 12 - g-blow d-draw
Hole 13 c-blow f-draw
And hole 14 - e-blow a-draw...

My question... When I blow-bend hole 11, I get... Consistently a c, which is
a half-step higher than the draw pitch.
This would meet the requirements for the "over-blow' rule, but surely, this
isn't a true over-blow?
I get the same results with holes 12 through 14 on this harp, that is, what
we would expect from an over-blow, a pitch a half-step higher than the draw.

If these are really over-blows..., do any other harps exist..., anywhere
within the known universe..., that would facilitate over-blowing as easy as
this?
(Okay, but I had to ask...)
Brad Trainham