From: Rusty Wilson <harpoon_man@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 14, 2008 11:31:54 AM CDT
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH Wednesday Night Blues Jam - holy smokes

Attended my first SPAH blues circle jam last night, and holy smokes, those guys are good! I have read people's descriptions of these jams over the years, and not having been to one myself, I always wondered, "could those players really be as good as people say?" Now that I have heard them for myself, I can answer the question - those guys are EVEN BETTER than advertised! The tone, techniques, phrasing, and musicianship... more than I could have imagined to put it briefly. I won't start naming names because I would leave someone out (and as a first-timer, I knew practically nobody), but it was just a room full of monster players.

I also enjoyed meeting and sitting beside the hot-playing and highly educational Michael Rubin, and it was a treat to meet KC-based harp man Jimmie Meade in person for the first time.

It was a blast.

-Rusty