[Harp-L] Note from SPAH

Raced across Missouri to make the Jason Ricci blow-off -- and glad I did!  I was too beat to stay until the end, but what I saw was great.
Michael Peloquin played some tasty blues, then jazzed it up first on the diatonic, following with his sax, and closing on the chromatic.  He can do it all!
Madcat Ruth put out enough energy to light all of Saint Louis.  He accompanied himself on ukelele for most of his set, with a mini hi-hat for percussion.  Stellar all the way, playing blues, jazz, and novelty songs.
L.D. Miller played a nice set, accompanied by his brother on guitar.  Great use of dynamics, and he surprised me with some good work on the top end of the harp.
Jason jumped in and played a couple of hot numbers.  As usual, he blew the roof off the place with his energy and musicianship.  The band did a good job backing M.P. and a couple of numbers with L.D., but they revved it up a notch with their practiced numbers.
Unfortunately, fatigue set in and I had to head out after Jason's mini-set.  But what a great start to this year's SPAH.  Thanks, Jason!
-Phil in KC (in St. Louis this week!)